The Victoria International Track Classic features some of Canada’s top athletes as well as our local up-and-coming talent. The event has been 26 years in the making and attracts athletes from around the world who are fine-tuning themselves for major track and field events.
FG Consulting was the lead in the marketing and promotion of the 2013 and 2014 events held at Centennial Stadium in Victoria. We are responsible for the following:
- Overall marketing strategy and budget
- Social media strategy including Facebook contesting
- Media events and announcements – major announcements of athletes participating (see here for example of news) – FG Consulting designed a competition of melon-tossing with media in 2013 at Victoria’s Inner Harbour
- Communications – all news releases and speaking materials for emcees (news releases here)
- Media Relations – working with all media in the lead up and day of event activities.
- All advertising – Chek, Times Colonist, local radio (Ocean/Jack FM)
- Sponsorship management
- Spectator services
- Management of the program guide, posters, save-the-date cards and all promotional materials. Working with FG Consulting’s Associate, Bravo Advertising.
- Development of a Tailgate Party in advance of the main event in 2014
- Manager of the VIP invitations and tent.