Trish Fougner has over twenty years experience in the public relations, communication and marketing field. Her career started in event management and promotions in the non-profit as well as the university sector. As an owner and publisher of a North American publishing business, Trish gained experience in sales, marketing and editing of her own publication. The following years she expanded into the world of the Provincial Government managing the public in a busy MLA office to later working directly with Cabinet Ministers in the development of key communication and issues management plans. Trish’s latest experience in government was leading major marketing projects in the Ministries responsible for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the world-renowned health promotion platform, ActNow BC.
Trish’s experience has allowed her to understand the intricacies of government operations and relations from working with key stakeholders, senior government officials and key partners. She is a seasoned expert in media relations, brand management, community engagement, communication planning and marketing development and execution. Through her dedicated work in the health and sport sector, Trish has developed a wealth of contacts from within B.C. and across Canada.
- Managing and leading the world-renowned Ministry of Health, ActNow BC program
- Working with 40 Olympic and Paralympic athletes as ambassadors for healthy living
- Managing Gamestown 2010, a province-wide challenge that engaged communities and mayors across B.C. in the lead up to the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Managing the Healthy Families Walking Challenge
- Creating and leading 100’s of events that engaged British Columbians to lead healthier lives.
- Developing key partnerships to further goals without added costs and creating long-lasting connections
- Working closely with mayors across B.C. in various projects
- Leading the BC Lions on a Grey Cup Tour across the province
- Leading the ALS Cycle of Hope media and event opportunities